Saturday, October 20, 2012

Escape Pt. 1


Say Bonjour to my humble abode. We recently renovated my house and after 22 years I finally received my own room. My interior decorating side immediately took over me and I knew that I wanted a cozy room, a place where I could escape, my home in my home. I painted my walls a light warm yellow. I'm so glad that I chose this color because even on the rainiest day, it makes my room even more welcoming. I also purchased this beautiful quilt from Urban Outfitters which adds a great contrast to the yellow and a super funky curtain panel also courtesy of Urban. I did buy rugs before I bought my bedding and the color scheme of the rug is pretty much the same of my quilt so I have to find new rugs because I feel as if it's just an explosion of color. Any suggestions on what type of rug? If there's one thing that I love about my new room it would have to be my own closet space and also the lights I have hanging. I used to have lights hanging in my old room but I felt as if they were just there; now these lights finally fit in somewhere. There's also furniture in the other corner of my room that is not pictured. That's for Part 2, so stay tuned!








No comments:

Post a Comment